Share this post:
Self care is about self, you know the person you look in the mirror at daily? Yes, YOU! We tend to put ourselves at the bottom of our to do lists (or we are not even on the to do list at all) and neglect the need for filling up our cups. Self care is important because we cannot be our best selves for the family, friends, and co-workers around us if we are not taking time daily to care for ourselves. I know for me, in the past if I don’t make time for myself (at least ten minutes on a busy day) I will be no good to my family and will think about calling off work and curling up in my bed.
I approve of myself and love myself deeply and completely. I will make time for myself daily.Jazzy Speaks
When you think about what would be on your list, think about those things that lift you up when you’re having a bad day, things that bring you joy, things that fill your emotional cup up in a way that no one else can.
Below you will find a list of 25 self care ideas that personally, I do myself. What works for me might not work for you. Check out this blog for additional tips. This list is just to help get you started or restarted on your self care routine. Remember, your goal is to find what works for you and stick to a routine. Consistency is key!
- Cook breakfast for myself.
- Do yoga. Switch it up and do yoga outside.
- Listen to a favorite podcast or Ted Talk.
- Wake up an hour before the entire household.
- Turn on calming music and meditate (520 hz)
- Meditate quietly
- Take a long shower.
- Do makeup.
- Read a book.
- Listen to a book on audible.
- Scroll through funny videos on TikTok
- Call a friend/family member who is not a Debbie downer but someone to lift spirits
- Sit outside and listen to nature.
- Go to the gym.
- Complete a cycle class at the gym.
- Go for a drive without a destination in mind.
- Dress up and get cute without having a reason.
- Bake a desert on my list and eat it!
- Edit social media following. If they don’t bring me joy, DELETE.
- Go for a walk.
- Get a massage.
- When grocery shopping, throw something in (a chocolate treat) for myself.
- Cook a fancy steak dinner because I deserve a fancy meal.
- Take a bath.
- Watch a tv show that I am behind on.
Share this post:
If you like what you are reading, please share, like and comment. Looking for other great topics? See recent blogs below.
- Choose Love Over ViolencePeople are so angry whether you are on the receiving end of gun violence, conducting […]
- 25 Self Care Ideas to Kickstart Your New Self Care RoutineHave you been neglecting yourself? It’s mental health awareness month and it is important for you to tap into yourself and what brings you joy in order to be your best self. Here are 25 Self Care ideas to kickstart you new self care routine.
- Five Things You Should Be Doing to Cope with COVIDCOVID has not been kind in many ways. Mental health is just as important as physical health during this time.
- Three Quick Self Esteem Boosters You Can Do In Your CarIt all starts with believing that you can. We all have moments or days where we feel down about ourselves. Here are some quick self esteem boosters you can do in your car or anywhere to switch your mood and mindset.
- Car Pool KaraokeSometimes you just need a concert in your car to lift your spirits from COVID.
3 replies on “25 Self Care Ideas to Kickstart Your New Self Care Routine”
I love this thank you so much
LikeLiked by 1 person
You are so welcome
[…] matters. What will you do THIS week, to take care of you? Check out my previous blog on self care tips for some ideas. Be […]